Monday, April 6, 2015

Thirty Years From Now...

      In thirty years I will be fifty-four years old. At that point, I hope to be close to retirement. I also hope that I have at least two successful children by that point. I believe that I may even have a grandchild or two that far into the future. I would think that in thirty years I will definitely look a bit older, but hopefully I will still look great, stay fit, and be in good health. I would hope that I have accomplished many different things in thirty years time including: receiving my masters degree, getting an extra certificate in another educational area, raising my beautiful children to be great people, going on many family vacations, and owning the house of our dreams that our children and grandchildren will be able to call home (or grandma and grandpa's home). I would also dream of going on many vacations with my husband, perhaps to European and tropical locations, after retirement. I also dream of my daughter, Ryleigh, falling in love with dance the same way that I have and possibly one day attending Molloy College and continuing my legacy there on the dance team as a member and perhaps a coach. 

Vocabulary

retirement (noun): when you leave your job and never return to work
successful (adjective): having achieved certain goals having to do with honor, wealth, etc.
future (noun): something that will happen in time to come, but has not happened yet
accomplished (verb): to complete or carry out a goal
certificate (noun): a document that shows a person's qualifications or accomplishments
legacy (noun): anything handed down from the past

Vocabulary Practice

Go to this link and use the thesaurus to find synonyms (or words that share the same meaning) for each of your six vocabulary words. Then use each synonym in a sentence to demonstrate understanding of the meaning of the word. Switch sentences with a partner and see if you can determine which synonym matches with the original vocabulary word in eachother's sentences.

Grammar Point & Grammar Practice

 Read through the slides and choose one of the three activities at the end to complete for grammar practice.











No comments:

Post a Comment